You can look all you want, but i’m not sure you’re going to find anyone fancier than Fancy Mike this side of Cabin Boy. FM has been popping up on some kick ass projects lately, and i’m damn proud to provide his damn mixtape for you damn people, damn it. A little sumfin’ sumfin’ for the hip-hop hungry.
1. Name, rank and serial number.
Fancy Mike aka Fantastic Mike aka (Mother) Fucking Mike aka… Basically any word that qualifies as an adjective and begins with an –eff.
2. I’ve been fortunate enough to hear your work on comps for Outlier and King Deluxe. For those who aren’t familiar with your work, tell us a little something about your sound.
Yeah. I like synths and stuff with beats. I also like films and their soundtracks and at the same time, I like classical music. So… I try to incorporate all of that into my music.
3. I usually ask folks to name the one beat album they feel should be in every beat head’s collection. I’m going to switch it up on you. What’s the one beat album that not enough people have heard of, but everyone should, i.e., what’s your favorite sleeper gem?
My favorite sleeper gem? DA-10’s THE FUTURE IS FUTURELESS.
4. Let’s do some Fancy Mike pimping. What’s on tap for 2012?
Shows shows shows. For anyone living in Europe, I’ll be on tour for a while, w/ Shigeto and others. Then I have a vinyl coming out sometime this summer through King Deluxe and an EP somewhere in between. Also, remixes, lots of them.
5. Remember that one girlfriend’s mom who said you’d never amount to much? Clearly, now that you’re being featured on Odd Bloggings, we have proof she was out of her fucking gourd. Anything you’d like to say to her?
I’d probably just hug her. Hugs are really nice.
6. Anything else to add?
There’s no tracklist to the mix because I lost it. Oops.
Soundcloud.com/fancymike Facebook.com/fancymike Kingdeluxe.ca/fancy-mike